Home » Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

  • I just got out of court, what do I do next?
  • After you have been to Court, you will be given an intake date and fill out your intake paperwork with an ASAP representative. You may be eligible for and/or receive a restricted license at this time. If so, you will need to bring the restricted license and your vehicle registration to the ASAP office before or at your intake date.
  • After your intake, you will begin making payments if you have not paid in full. You will either make an appointment for a treatment evaluation or you register for Intensive Education classes. You will also be given a review date (around 30 or 90 days after intake) to make sure you are doing everything you need to do.
  • After you are finished with treatment and/or classes, you will remain on probation and continue to be monitored for the probationary period stated on your court order.
  • When do I need to install Ignition Interlock?
  • You have 30 days to have Ignition Interlock installed after you have been granted your restricted license. Notify your case manager of the Interlock provider you wish to use. After you have Ignition Interlock installed, you need to bring the installation certificate to the ASAP office.



  • What if I have a violation on my Ignition Interlock?
  • Rinse out your mouth with water, and re-test when the device asks (within 5-15 minutes). STAY WITH YOUR VEHICLE. If you test again and still have a failure, call the ASAP office as soon as you can and tell your case manager.



  • When can I go to DMV?
  • If you have been granted a restricted license, you must bring your vehicle registration to the ASAP office to have a copy made for our files and to have it sealed. Then, you must file for FR-44 high risk insurance and have Ignition Interlock installed on your vehicle. You have 60 days from the day you are granted a restricted license to go to DMV, pay your re-instatement fee, and receive a new plastic license.



  • What type of payments do I make? How can I make them?
  • You may either pay in full at the day of your intake or you can set up a payment plan (minimum of $50/month). You can pay with cash, cashier’s check, money order, Visa, or MasterCard.  You may pay in person or save a trip to the office and pay online. 



  • What if I am charged or convicted of a crime while in ASAP?
  • Stop in the ASAP office and/or call your case manager as soon as possible. We will create a plan of action with you from there.